- Rim depth: 32 mm
- Brake track width (center): 24.62 mm
- Max width: 25.4 mm
- Spokes: Sapim® CX-Sprint
- Spoke count: 24
- Spoke pattern non-drive: 2 cross
- Spoke pattern drive: 2 cross
- Spoke length non-drive: 284 mm
- Spoke length drive: 284 mm
- Nipples: Sapim® (external)
- Eleven speed compatible
- Stiff, lightweight and aerodynamic
- Hubset: maintenance-free 77/177
- No-preload adjustment needed
- Wider and more ergonomic quick release
- Ability to swap the driver body without re-dishing
- Resins from the motorsports for the braking surface
- Includes: rear wheel, Tangente Platinum Pro Evo brake pads, Zipp integrated valve extender with valve-core wrench, rim tape and quick release
- Weight: 815 g
Zipp have been supplying wheels to the biggest names in the sport, most notably Sir Bradley Wiggins. Therefore, it is no surprise that this updated Zipp 202 Firecrest Carbon Clincher Front Wheel 2017 improves on the 202's legendary status as a do-it-all wheel, thanks to its lightweight, stiff and aerodynamic credentials.
Having been proven, the 32 mm rim depth is here to stay. However, the maximum rim width has been expanded to 25.4 mm. This adds to the do it all credentials of this wheel.
Another improvement is the 77/177 hubset. Handily, this removes the need for maintenance, which none of us really have time for or want to be doing! Additionally, this solidifies their industry leading durability thanks to the improved bearing protection. Keeping things even simpler is the fact that no pre-load adjustment is required. Another benefit of the hubs is the flange geometry and spoke hole attachment pattern to provide the perfect levels of torsional and lateral stiffness and robustness.
The Firecrest rim technology has been at the forefront of carbon braking. The resins used, come from the motorsport industry to ensure the associated heat does not effect braking reliability or performance. Zipp Carbon Clinchers have still never had a heat related failure.
As you would expect from a company as prestigious as Zipp, the research that has gone into the development of this wheel is unparalleled. Computational fluid dynamics were used to reduce wind-produced torque. This led them to develop a rim with a near-constant width from brake track to spoke bed to improve aerodynamics and better control airflow. The result is even better speeds and superb handling.
ZIPP 202 Firecrest CC karbon hátsó kerék, felni-fékes, Sram kazetta, 700C
Küllők: 24 darab, 284 mm Sapim® CX-Ray, 2# fűzés, Sapim Secure-Lock rendszer
Felni mélysége: 32 mm
Felni anyaga: karbon
Maximum szélesség: 25,4 mm
Agy: 177, SRAM kazettatest, 10/11 fokozat
Tengely: QR 130
Maximális guminyomás: 8,6 bar / 125 PSI
Nem tubeless kompatibilis
Matrica: klasszikus fehér
Súly: 815 g (1450 g a szett)
Tárcsafékes kivitel is elérhető
Testsúlyhatár: max. 115 kg