Often referred to as a "sew-up", the tubular tyre is made up by a cloth casing wrapped around an inner tube. The edges of the tubular are sewn along the inside circumference. The rim for such a tyre has a mild concavity, and the tyre is glued to the rim.
The tread of Vittoria tubulars is glued by hand on the casing, a labor-intensive process exclusively used for premium tubulars. The tubular tire’s round profile gives it several advantages over any clincher. Cornering is more predictable and shock absorption is superior. Also, the broad glued interface to the rim spreads shock loads more evenly through the casing, letting the tire absorb big hits without deflecting or slowing down. Vittoria strongly recommends Mastik Pro, offering great adhesion even at high temperatures (up to 140 degrees Celsius).
The Vittoria tubular gives you maximum speed and grip:
- Wear-resistant tread has very low rolling resistance
- Vittoria’s optimized 4C compound (4 compounds in the same tyre) with Graphene for the best combinations of speed and grip
- Breaker for excellent flat protection
- Corespun casing up to 320 TPI
- Latex inner tube
- Handmade from stitching to tread lamination
- The fastest bicycle tire ever tested - verified by Wheel Energy of Finland
- Race-day specific performance, when it's needed most
- Classic tubular format
- Ultra-fine Corespun-T casing
- Proprietary Graphene compound
The fastest bicycle tire ever tested features the lightest tubeless-ready casing on the market. This race-day specific weapon has raised the bar on tire technology! The Corsa Speed uses a proprietary Graphene compound, which is then paired with an ultra-fine Corespun-T casing. The end result is a tire that maintains the lowest rolling resistance, while still providing the trademark Corsa suppleness, and outstanding wet weather grip. When used in tubeless form, the casing works perfectly with sealant, providing an even higher level of flat protection. This casing can also be used with an inner tube, if preferred. When absolute speed is your top priority, accept no substitute!