Developed especially for large and heavy bikes such as e-bikes, fatbikes and downhill MTBs. It's full length wheel trays makes it equally suitable for smaller bikes too. It's got a greater distance between each bike making loading easier, especially if you've got electric bikes or chunky downhill forks.
It's a decent rack and has a foot operated tilt function accessed from the front of the bike carrier, near the lights - that's a major plus point. The tilt mechanism allows you to open the tailgate without removing the bikes, which is often very useful. The detachable frame holders are lockable and are easy to move, making loading bikes much easier. They click when the right tension is reached so you know frame holder is tight enough.
It's supplied largely pre-assembled, and clamps onto the tow ball. It is suitable for all types of tow ball. When you place the rack on the tow ball it stabilizes itself, allowing you to position it correctly before locking down the handle.
There's a range of useful accessories available to ensure you get the most of our your bike rack - shown below. These include an optional loading ramp to make loading and unloading much easier, just wheel your bikes up the ramp. A transportation wheel (also available separately) can be attached to the rack making it easier to transport to and from the car.
You can even add an easily accessible cargo box (BackSpace XT cargo box no. 938300) to convert this bike carrier into an all-round load carrier. A great option if your roof is already taken up with other gear.
- Max load capacity: 60kg (tow bar nose weight limit permitting)
- Weight: 20.6kg
- Fits frames 22 to 80mm
- Fits tyres up to 3.5" - extra long wheel straps (available separately) will even take fatbikes up to 4.7"
- Maximum wheelbase: 1300mm
- The upright can be folded for easier storage
- The 939 comes with a 13 pin plug for 13 pin continental type electric sockets (you will need a separate adapter if you have a 7 pin socket - listed below)