All aero benefits in your daily bike!
If you’re looking for the most aerodynamic wheel but also want to use it on daily base then this wheel is the one for you!
- Toray 800/1000 prepreg carbon UD with defined fibre direction!
- Fibre/resin compound cured for one hour at 12 bar.
- Hidden valve.
- Magnet embedded in spoke profile.
- Basalt braking surface for increased braking power.
- Also available in tubular.
- Compatible with 9, 10 or 11 speed Shimano/SRAM cassettes.
- Weight 960 grammes.
- 23.7 mm rim width
M5’s 2-Spoke wheels cut back on spokes & wind resistance, plus new disc brake version
They get M5’s own bonded-in alloy hubs with Japanese bearings, available for Shimano or Campy freehubs or of course track. The rim brake road wheels include a basalt braking surface, and the disc wheels use the 6-bolt standard.
- The M5 Two Spoke wheels are manufactured with the well known and leading TORAY© 800 and 1000 unidirectional pre-peg carbon fibres. These have a magnificent yield tensile strength of 5.88 Mpa.
- Why not fancy looking 3K? Well, we choose for UD fibres with a defined fibre direction since this gives by far the best weight/strength ratio!
- Around the hub and inside the wing and rims are sophisticated reinforcement systems and areas which take care of the loads which occur especially during cornering.
- All fibres are pressed with 12 bar during the one hour curing.
- Our own production light weight aluminium hubs with Japanese industrial ball bearings.
- Long lasting basalt braking surface for most effective braking capacity and which can withstand 210 degrees Celsius.
- Available in tubular and clincher in ETRTO 622 (700 C)
- Suitable for cassettes with 9, 10 or 11 speed (Shimano/SRAM fitting), Campagnolo rotor on request.
- All wheels are standard made with carbon rims (track- and disc brake version) or carbon with a basalt brake.
- Use braking pads suitable for carbon rims only (Swiss Stop f.e.)
- Carbon rims also imply: lowest weight at the right place (outer wheel diameter).
- Hidden valve nipple for best aerodynamics.
- Hidden magnet speed sensor for best aerodynamics.
- All wheels come with a matte UD finish.
- Height tolerance less then 0.15 mm.
- Side tolerance less then 0.5 mm. (typically between 0.1 and 0.25 mm only!)
- Clincher type rim inflatable up to 9 bar ( 125 psi). Tubeless ready rims.
- Tubular type rim inflatable up to 12 bar ( 165 psi).
- Maximum load 120kg ( 266 lbs) but even used by tandems…..
- Weight front wheel ranges from 940 gram (clincher/tubular) to 980 gram for a disc brake version. (f.e. ZIPP 808 front: 850 gram but much slower…)
- Weight rear wheel (with 9/10/11 speed rotor) ranges from 1070 gram (tubular road) to 1120gram (clincher disc brake). (f.e. Zipp 808 rear: 1020 gram but again, much slower)
- Weight mono-hub wheel tubular 820 gram, without 25 mm axle
- UCI approved design.