Especially designed for top speed performance in hand-biking. No matter if you’re looking for the most aerodynamic wheel for time trial or road racing, this is the one! Most fluent transition from tubular to rim. Ideal in combination with 2-SPOKE rear wheel.
- Toray 800/1000 prepreg carbon UD with defined fibre direction!
- Fibre/resin compound cured for one hour at 12 bar.
- Hidden valve.
- Magnet embedded in spoke profile.
- Also available in clincher.
- Weight 870 grammes.
- 23.7 mm rim width
- 25.0 mm aluminium mono axle
M5’s 2-Spoke wheels cut back on spokes & wind resistance, plus new disc brake version
They get M5’s own bonded-in alloy hubs with Japanese bearings, available for Shimano or Campy freehubs or of course track. The rim brake road wheels include a basalt braking surface, and the disc wheels use the 6-bolt standard.
- The M5 Two Spoke wheels are manufactured with the well known and leading TORAY© 800 and 1000 unidirectional pre-peg carbon fibres. These have a magnificent yield tensile strength of 5.88 Mpa.
- Why not fancy looking 3K? Well, we choose for UD fibres with a defined fibre direction since this gives by far the best weight/strength ratio!
- Around the hub and inside the wing and rims are sophisticated reinforcement systems and areas which take care of the loads which occur especially during cornering.
- All fibres are pressed with 12 bar during the one hour curing.
- Our own production light weight aluminium hubs with Japanese industrial ball bearings.
- Long lasting basalt braking surface for most effective braking capacity and which can withstand 210 degrees Celsius.
- Available in tubular and clincher in ETRTO 622 (700 C)
- Suitable for cassettes with 9, 10 or 11 speed (Shimano/SRAM fitting), Campagnolo rotor on request.
- All wheels are standard made with carbon rims (track- and disc brake version) or carbon with a basalt brake.
- Use braking pads suitable for carbon rims only (Swiss Stop f.e.)
- Carbon rims also imply: lowest weight at the right place (outer wheel diameter).
- Hidden valve nipple for best aerodynamics.
- Hidden magnet speed sensor for best aerodynamics.
- All wheels come with a matte UD finish.
- Height tolerance less then 0.15 mm.
- Side tolerance less then 0.5 mm. (typically between 0.1 and 0.25 mm only!)
- Clincher type rim inflatable up to 9 bar ( 125 psi). Tubeless ready rims.
- Tubular type rim inflatable up to 12 bar ( 165 psi).
- Maximum load 120kg ( 266 lbs) but even used by tandems…..
- Weight front wheel ranges from 940 gram (clincher/tubular) to 980 gram for a disc brake version. (f.e. ZIPP 808 front: 850 gram but much slower…)
- Weight rear wheel (with 9/10/11 speed rotor) ranges from 1070 gram (tubular road) to 1120gram (clincher disc brake). (f.e. Zipp 808 rear: 1020 gram but again, much slower)
- Weight mono-hub wheel tubular 820 gram, without 25 mm axle
- UCI approved design.